ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Bandwidth Agreement with PPS Fibernet. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy, PPS Fibernet may suspend or terminate your account.
PPS Fibernet's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for PPS Fibernet Services is designed to help protect PPS Fibernet, PPS Fibernet's customers, and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by PPS Fibernet. PPS Fibernet reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time.
Prohibited Uses of PPS Fibernet Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through PPS Fibernet's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on PPS Fibernet's servers, is prohibited. PPS Fibernet accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of ICMP flooding, mail-bombing, ransomware, or denial of service attacks.
4. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
5. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
6. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any PPS Fibernet customers or end-users by any means or device.
7. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the PPS Fibernet network or on another provider's network.
8. Using PPS Fibernet's Services to interfere with the use of the PPS Fibernet network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each PPS Fibernet customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from PPS Fibernet, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an PPS Fibernet customer will be forwarded to the PPS Fibernet customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the PPS Fibernet Acceptable Use Policy occur, PPS Fibernet reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating PPS Fibernet's Acceptable Use Policy as PPS Fibernet deems appropriate, without notice.